Job runner key 'CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobRunnerKey.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.

Sue Bridges July 2, 2019

To reduce errors in the system, how do I fix this problem please?

I'm checking System -> Scheduler Details and I see the following

CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobRunnerKey.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler

(Show more)

CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobId.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler:job

Type
Not runnable
Parameters
The parameters cannot be accessed
Run mode
once per cluster
Schedule
1 hour
Last run
Tue Jul 02 11:09:48 BST 2019
Last run duration
15 milliseconds
Next run
Tue Jul 02 12:09:48 BST 2019
Job runner key 'CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobRunnerKey.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler' is not registered

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hi Sue,

I see that your scheduler within Jira's system administration panel is showing a DVCS scheduler that is constantly failing.

I believe that this is a known problem when you have upgrade Jira from some older versions.  There are more details in the KB JIRA upgrade abandons old DVCS scheduler job.  You should be able to simply click the gear/cog icon next to the failing job and delete it.

This should be safe to do provided you are already running a Jira 7 version where the DVCS has been updated to use a different scheduler name as indicated in that KB.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Sue Bridges July 9, 2019

Brilliant, thanks!

We do have an upgraded JIRA from 6.4 through to currently 8.1.

Here's the answer from the link:-

Simply remove the old scheduler; CompatibilityPluginScheduler.JobRunnerKey.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler. The new scheduler for DVCS is com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler and this job will replace the old scheduler job.

I can see the new plugin, so have deleted the old one.

Suggest an answer