Jira startup failed next to plugin activation failed

yonathan zerbib August 20, 2019

Hi,

We have installed and configured a Server with Jira in a Virtual Machine for integration.

Now, integration is finished and to send the server in production, we have exported this machine then imported on other hypervisor.

When we connect on a web browser to login page of this Jira, we have a message displaying Jira Startup Failed: The following plugins are required by JIRA but not started => RPC JIRA plugin.

It seems that 4 plugins are not started during the JIRA startup sequence (see in catalina.out logfile).

I'm trying to add time (300 s) during the Jira startup by adding option (I follow these KB) but the plugin doesn't start.

Have you a solution or can you provide me some help to launch the production on this server?

My jira version is 6.4.11 Standalone.

thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Hi,

This could be a cause of JVM memory allocation or corrupted plugin cache or other reasons you could find them in below link;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-startup-failed-error-394464512.html

yonathan zerbib August 20, 2019

Thanks for your answer.

All the action of this topic have been tested but the issue is always raised.

Restarting Jira done many time, Increase the waiting time, antivirus de-activation.

This instance of Jira worked fine on old hypervisor and the new target is the same.

Moreover, I not find the log about the plugin not started. Perhaps these logs will be help me to understand whats happen.

Other idea?

Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi,

I can think of following in case of jira migration to other server,

• The server hostname might change unless you keep the same name.
  • JAVA version and paths might change - please verify them.
  • Are you using the same db? If not, check those in dbconfig.xml file.

Please check the logs for further cause of this issue. 

yonathan zerbib August 21, 2019

Thanks for your answers,

The server hostname is the same. Only IP/MAC are updated.

the DB is hosted on the VM and pg_dump return correctly the content.

Is the issue can come from the license (server id changed or other?)

How I can find logs about specifics plugin (catalina.out doesn't raised any error).

Suggest an answer