Jira Startup failed

Restarting Our production  jira application and try login startup failed

Unable to clean the cache directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/.osgi-plugins/felix  

and remove manually /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/.osgi-plugins/felix folders and start jira succesfully but 

we try login jira link to jira server adress  http://xxxxx.com not showing login page(username and password ) showing start setup wizard again.

1 answer

0 votes

This usually means that you have run the service as the wrong user (I usually manage to do it with root).  That user has taken ownership of files and directories in the system and made tehm unusable by other users.  You've then probably restarted it as the right user, who can no longer get to all the fiels it needs.

Check the permissions and ownership of *all* files and directories in JIRA home and JIRA install.

hi  nick linux server has 2 user root and jira1 user and  we started  jira service thats  two user but not change anything

havegot any advice for me

we solved problem migrate to new server jira app.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,851 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you