Jira Slack integration

Viktor Kuzmychov July 9, 2021

Hi community,

I need to create issues from Slack but requirement is that new issue is created off the every new message in the channel. 

I tried to look into plugins but seems like they all offer a mechanism to create issues though not automatically, only manually via couple clicks. 

Is there a way to achieve my goal with a plugin or it's only possible with development?

2 answers

0 votes
Michaela Staffova July 14, 2021

Hi @Viktor Kuzmychov welcome to the community! Michaela from Integromat here :) 

Since this currently isn't possible natively, you could consider making it happen with a third-party service. No need to include the development team right away :) 

Anyway, you could totally achieve this using Integromat. It's a no-code automation/integration platform that lets you connect your Jira account to pretty much any online service and automate all kinds of processes. You can check out the integration pages of both Jira and Slack to see their currently available triggers, actions, and pre-made templates.

In this specific case, you'd essentially connect the 'Watch Private Channel Messages' or 'Watch Public Channel Messages' Slack module to the 'Create and Issue' Jira module. 

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

Hey @Viktor Kuzmychov , welcome to the Community!

It's worth taking a look at Halp, our solution for conversation-based ticketing.

Halp has a feature called Ticket Deflection that will automatically create Halp tickets for every new message in a channel. There are configuration options to make that only happen outside normal "core" hours (if you'd rather have a human do it manually when they're online), and using the megaphone emoji in front of a message in the channel can skip the auto-creation. Halp will also try to solve the ticket right in the thread if you've got knowledge set up.

You can connect Halp with Jira Server in order to have the Halp tickets create Jira issues. Without this connection, Halp operates as its own ticketing system inside Slack. The Jira connection can be configured so that tickets are created automatically in Slack, then handled only in Jira.

Let me know if you have questions about Halp!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer