JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL JIRA will be locked

Sairaj Naidu June 2, 2019

Hi,

While starting the Jira software instance we are getting below error in /opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out

JIRA-Bootstrap FATAL      [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed. JIRA will be locked

we deleted the .lock file in JIRA_HOME and still the same issue and we verified in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log as well but it is empty.

Can you please help us on high priority ?

Thank you,

Sairaj

3 answers

0 votes
Andrea Maria Loi March 27, 2024

In Jira 7.1.6 it occurred to me due to a new SQL Server driver.

I just had to open config.bat, check DB configuration and save.: the driver has been updated and the problem was resolved

0 votes
etienne June 17, 2022

Got the same issue. My JIRA_HOME variable was not set correctly. Setting it up in the setenv.sh resolved my issue

0 votes
Michael Thompson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

You should delete the file $JIRA_HOME/.jira-home.lock and the directory $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins/felix, then start as the Jira user.

William_Orantes June 22, 2020

I have the same problem, my version of jira server is 5.3 and today the server reached 99% consumption due to tomcat, I restarted the installation and when I wanted to start it again it did not work, and it threw me that error. Delete the log as you and the Felix directory say and I did not get any results

Suggest an answer