Issue with time zones

Abhishek Varadarajan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2019

Hi,

My current system and Atlassian time zone is set for Doha, Qatar. But whenever I select a specific time as part of my tickets or issues, it shows a different time zone, post submission. (Seattle in my case).  Due to this all my date/time gets mixed up. 

Please let me know how to fix this? 

Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2019

Hello Abhishek,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

By default, JIRA must apply the timezone selected in your personal settings for all the date/time fields. The default system timezone is only applied when no timezone was selected in your personal settings.

For JIRA Cloud, here are the proper steps to update your timezone:

- Click on your profile picture > Personal Settings

- Select the correct timezone:

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 18.54.45.png

If you are using JIRA Server, you can select the respective version you are using in the documentation below to know how you can update it:

Choosing a Time Zone

If the information above does not help, could you please let us know if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server?

Also, provide with some screenshots displaying how you managed to change your timezone, together with a screenshot illustrating the problem.

Let us know if this information helps.

Abhishek Varadarajan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2019

Thanks a lot for guiding!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

You are welcome, Abhishek!

Have a nice week. :)

M Vijay Kumar December 2, 2019

Hi, 

When a user  select timezone in his profile, I do see that it will overwrite system default timezone. Question over here is, how about others see respective time zone fields ? Does it take their profile settings time zone by default and might take system time zone in case of any others . I would like to know impact of specific users having different time zones other than system Timezone.

Would also like to know whether custom fields will have impact of these changes ?

Let me know if you need any other information regarding the same.

Thanks,

Vijay 

Vijaya June 23, 2020

I am also facing the same Issue .. How to know what is the default  timezone setup for Jira cloud instance. I can see default user time zone in edit settings of General configuartion in Jira settings and I have changed it but still the Jira time which we set for sprints changes 3 hours before the expected time which impacts days remaining field in Jira. Please provide guidance.

Regards,

Vijaya

Suggest an answer