Issue Type Migration

Harshit Grover September 14, 2022

Hi , 

Below are the details of one of the problem I am facing : (Jira Instance (8.20.11) hosted on Data Centre)

I have 2 projects in my Jira Instance which are CCF and MFB . They both have a different Issue Type Scheme with different Issues which are CCF Issue Type Scheme and MFB Issue Type Scheme.

I want to change the Issue Type Scheme of MFB Project to CCF Issue Type Scheme.

There 789 Defects currently available in MFB Project which I will mapping to Bug(Issue Type) present in CCF Issue Type Scheme. 

Upon doing so, it starts processing and after 7-10 mins , it throws me back to my Jira Instance Status page (which shows all the applications are working fine) and no change take place in the configurations and everything remains the same. 

I have already applied Workflow , Screens and Field Configurations of CCF Project to MFB Project.

Just facing the issue while moving the existing issues present in MFB Project to a issue type available in CCF Project .  

Do let me know if any one have any solution/fix for this or any alternate way to achieve this.

Any help is appreciated !

1 answer

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @Harshit Grover 

Are you updating the issue type scheme to another one or do you move all issue from one issuetype to the other ?

The change started but do not finish and actually did nothing ?

Do you have any error in the logs ?

Regards

Harshit Grover September 14, 2022

HI @Florian Bonniec ,

So, I am changing the Issue type scheme of MBF Project to CCF Issue Type Scheme (This is actually already applied in CCF Project).

Issues Types present in MBF Issue Type Scheme are : 

1. Story

2. Defect

3. Task

4. Sub-Tasks

Issue Types present in CCF Issue Type Scheme are : 

1. User-Story

2. Bug 

3. Task

4. Studio-Tasks

When I change the scheme to CCF Issue Type Scheme , then I will mapping/migrating the issues present in MBF Project in below manner : 

1. Story (129 Issues) migrated to User-Story

2. Defect (789 Issues) migrated to Bug

3. Task will be migrated to Task and Sub-Tasks will be migrated to Studio-Tasks.

Yes, the change started but after exactly 7 mins it redirects me back to the Instance Status page and no change take place in the configurations.

I do not see any error. If I can track error logs , how can i do that ?

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

You have to check atlassian-jira.log file on the server where JIRA is hosted. Otherwise you can create a support zip, unzip and have a look to the log file that are exported in the support zip.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/create-a-support-zip-790796819.html

Regards

Suggest an answer