Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Creation Screen Configuration

config.PNGtest task.PNG

Why do some fields not show up when configuring customised issue creation screens?

I select them from the available fields, but when I create a test issue (task), they don't appear.

First image is how I have configured a second tab called Test in the "Create Issue Screen"

The second image is what appears when I test it out. Only one of the fields is appearing (MS Task ID field), the other two aren't showing up.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 03, 2021

You need to look at your screen schemes for the issuetype and insure the desired fields are there.

The issue is im using an instance configured for the enterprise and some fields are not available for use for the trpe of issue I am using (task). Even tho these fields are available for selection when setting up the screen, they are not available for use. I figured this out when setting up filters. Wierd... Thanks for your response.

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jul 04, 2021

Hi Lesley - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Make sure the fields are on the View screen as well as the Create screen. 

Thanks John, it seems its something funky in the enterprise configuration of our instance of Jira. Thanks for your response.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Jul 06, 2021

Did you check the Context for the fields to make sure the project is included for those fields? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

415 views 2 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you