Issue Creation Screen Configuration

Lesley Ireland July 2, 2021

config.PNGtest task.PNG

Why do some fields not show up when configuring customised issue creation screens?

I select them from the available fields, but when I create a test issue (task), they don't appear.

First image is how I have configured a second tab called Test in the "Create Issue Screen"

The second image is what appears when I test it out. Only one of the fields is appearing (MS Task ID field), the other two aren't showing up.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2021

Hi Lesley - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Make sure the fields are on the View screen as well as the Create screen. 

Lesley Ireland July 6, 2021

Thanks John, it seems its something funky in the enterprise configuration of our instance of Jira. Thanks for your response.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Did you check the Context for the fields to make sure the project is included for those fields? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2021

You need to look at your screen schemes for the issuetype and insure the desired fields are there.

Lesley Ireland July 6, 2021

The issue is im using an instance configured for the enterprise and some fields are not available for use for the trpe of issue I am using (task). Even tho these fields are available for selection when setting up the screen, they are not available for use. I figured this out when setting up filters. Wierd... Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer