Is it possible to move issues in a Rapid Board that isn't assigned to yourself?

It looks like the way I have things configured currently, it's not possible to move an issue on Rapid Board unless the issue is assigned to me.

Is this the default behavoir? Is there a permission that I can configure to allow this?

I'm evaluating the use of Greenhopper. My current tool allows me to view all the issues for a single sprint and move the issues between states as needed. We use this functionality in our morning standup meetings when we discover somebody hasn't updated an issue and it should have been moved to a different state. Therefore, a single user might be signed in that wants to update issues assigned to multiple people at once. Or this might be useful for a project lead as well.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Hi David,

This is probable due to your workflow :)
The default JIRA workflow has validators stating that only the assignee is able to start progress on an issue.

It might be worthwill to check you workflow for these validations.
Some information about Configuring Workflows can be found online: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/YAISCw

Cheers

It turns out it is a condition on the transition. I was able to copy the default workflow, remove the condition, create a new schema that uses the workflow and update my project to use the new schema.

Suggest an answer