Is it possible to build something in the test environment and then copy it to production?

Mallory Moreno January 10, 2022

I am using the test environment to build out another branch in Insight to better track asset end of life/support dates, with references to their support and maintenance agreements. Once I know that it is working how I intend, I want to know if I can copy it into production or if I will need to manually recreate it.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

As far as I know, you have to manually create it.

The export/import tool only deals with full schema and can't merge a schema export file into an existing schema.
And there is no export tool to only export the configuration of a single object type or a subset of the object types.

It's a pain, I have 3 environments. DEV-TEST-PROD, so when modifying an existing schema, I have to do it 3 times. Thankfully, the 2nd and 3rd time is usually copy/paste for all the attribute values and configs to avoid typos.

Mallory Moreno January 27, 2022

I thought that would be the case.  Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer