How we can enable Jira Software Server Deployment Option ?

Shirly Mary Arokiaraj July 12, 2021

How we can enable Jira Software Server Deployment Option ?

I have Jira Software Server is installed, I didn't the option to enable the deployments option.

Please help on that, Is it only available for CLOUD? Not Applicable for Server?

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Shirly Mary Arokiaraj 

Welcome to community!

Could you explain in detail on what you refer as enable Jira Software Server Deployment Option ?

Setting up JIRA software server is called deploying Jira Software Server. As you mentioned you already have it installed, it is already deployed. If you give context to what you are looking for and any doc link you are referring to, can help you further.

Shirly Mary Arokiaraj July 19, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf 

We want to measure the Devops Metrics in our project, like deployment frequency and cycle time.

We are using Jira Software Server. Not Using Jira Software Cloud.

How to enable "Deployments" Feature option for Jira Software Server and measure the devops metrics?

Please provide suggestion for the same

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

I'm afraid putting a word in bold while saying the same thing does not explain what it means.

Please could you tell us what you mean by ""Deployments" Feature option for Jira Software Server"? 

I am just as stuck as @Fazila Ashraf  is (probably more so), I can't think of what features you might be talking about.  Could you point us to the documentation you are reading that talks about it?  Or a screenshot of a system you can use it in?

Selection_156.png

Hi Nic, I have attached the Screenshot for Jira Software Cloud Feature. Here I have option to enable the "Deployments" feature option.

But Currently we are using Jira Software Server. Not Cloud.

So I Need suggestion how we can use the Features "Deployments" option in Jira Software Server?

We need to calculate the Deployments insights for Jira Software Server please help on the same

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2021

Ah, I see.  I thought it might be this.

You are (like a lot of people) assuming that Jira Server/DC and Jira Cloud are the same software.  They are not.

The short version of this answer is really simple - Jira Server/DC is not Cloud and it does not have that functionality (at least in this shape).  You can do most of what Cloud "deployments" do, but it will not look the same and you will need to think a bit more about how the systems are hooked up together.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your update. So from your answer "Jira Software Cloud and Jira Software Server Functionality is different. And for Jira Server doesn't have the feature to view the deployment insights" Am I correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

Server does not have team-managed projects, let alone the "features" you are looking at.

Shirly Mary Arokiaraj July 21, 2021

If we want to create a Team-managed project in Jira Server Do we have any plugins or apps available for the Jira software enterprise edition?

Suggest an answer