Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to show team names from Advanced Roadmaps in dashboard gadgets

I am running Jira DC 8.20.1, which includes Advanced Roadmaps. I have set up a number of shared teams and created gadgets using Custom Charts for Jira that group issues by the shared team.

What I've noticed is that, if the user doesn't have the "Shared Team Management" permission in AR, they don't see the team name, but only the ID on the gadget. Is there a way to display the team name without giving users the "Shared Team Management" permission?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Matt Parks 
It sounds too simple, but maybe you can manually rename the Custom Charts for Jira - Reports gadget with the team's name? You can rename the panel or add titles or additional descriptions within.

Yeah, we had to edit the name of the individual entry in the chart so, instead of using the team name (which was converted to the ID), it uses a specific string, which is basically the team name.

Thanks for the quick response!

Excellent, I'm glad it worked :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,924 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you