How to show team names from Advanced Roadmaps in dashboard gadgets

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

I am running Jira DC 8.20.1, which includes Advanced Roadmaps. I have set up a number of shared teams and created gadgets using Custom Charts for Jira that group issues by the shared team.

What I've noticed is that, if the user doesn't have the "Shared Team Management" permission in AR, they don't see the team name, but only the ID on the gadget. Is there a way to display the team name without giving users the "Shared Team Management" permission?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hey @Matt Parks 
It sounds too simple, but maybe you can manually rename the Custom Charts for Jira - Reports gadget with the team's name? You can rename the panel or add titles or additional descriptions within.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Yeah, we had to edit the name of the individual entry in the chart so, instead of using the team name (which was converted to the ID), it uses a specific string, which is basically the team name.

Thanks for the quick response!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Excellent, I'm glad it worked :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events