How to see when an issue was deleted

James Skutt January 3, 2020

My Jira Activity Stream widget does not log when issues are deleted. Someone on my team deleted an Epic and I am attempting to find out when this occurred.

1. Is there a way to query history to see when issues were deleted and by whom?
  2. Is there a way to update the activity stream so it will display when any issue type is deleted?

I can see this question was asked in 2013, that indicates there was no way to see issues after they had been deleted. I'm hoping that there is a way at least have it logged in the activity tracker by now? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi James,

Simply put, we don't allow anyone to delete data - it's not something in the permission scheme that people have access to. 

But, as Andrew suggested, you have add yourself in the Notification scheme to receive an email every time any issue gets deleted. 

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

I'll second that sentiment. We only allow the system admin team to delete issues. Issues should be closed, cancelled, completed, done, or whatever ending status works...not deleted.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

We do the exact same thing.  :-)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

To the best of my knowledge this is not logged or reported. If your notification scheme for the project has a notification setup for issue deleted you may check with the users who should have received that notification....

Suggest an answer