How to search for issues related to members of a specific project role?

chris o'connor January 5, 2019

I think the MembersOf function searches for members of 'Groups' but not 'Project Roles'.  If that is so, is it possible to search for issues related to members of specific 'Project Roles'?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chris o'connor January 6, 2019

I think the original question title may heave been misleading as to the problem, so I have now edited the title.  I found this post from some time ago (2012), but it best fits the query I had, so thanks!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-search-issues-by-Reporters-project-role/qaq-p/401894

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2019

@chris o'connor, welcome to the Community. You would require an addon app for that, e.g. Scriptrunner. If you glance to the right on this page you will find "Related content" and the first link in that list is How to list all members of a certain project role. You may find that useful.

chris o'connor January 5, 2019

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply.  I did see that, but was looking for something I could run from the advanced JQL window to return 'issues' related to specific project roles.  I'm new at this, so may be missing something!  Thanks.

Suggest an answer