How to remove closed Epics from the Epic side panel

Shiri Feldman July 12, 2022

Hi, I manually marked one of my Epics as done (Status = Closed, Resolution = Done).

However, the Epic doesn't disappear from the Epic side Panel.

What am I missing? Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi Shiri,

There is also another status field for Epics called Epic Status. Please make sure that field has a value. 

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2022

Hi @Shiri Feldman in the Backlog Epics Panel select the Epic you want to close off and click on 3 dots ... select Mark as Done.  This will remove it from the Epics Panel 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2022

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Shiri Feldman July 12, 2022

Thanks for the quick reply. I followed these steps and verified that the resolution field is mark as done as well, and unfortunately, the ticket still appears in the side panel (It shows that out of 5 issues that were linked to this ticket, the whole 5 are completed).
What am I missing?
Thanks

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2022

Not just the resolution field.
If you followed the steps above it should have closed the Epic.
What you can do is get the Epic Status as mention by @John Funk above onto your Epic View/Edit screen(s) and then set that status to Done.  This is what the action that I described above does.
End result is that the Epic Status needs to be set to Done to remove it from the Epics Panel.
Hope that helps.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2022

Please note "Epic Status" is not the same as "Status"

Shiri Feldman July 13, 2022

That's what I did, however, it didn't disappear from the panel. apparently, there is a workflow definition that needs to be set? 

kilo September 22, 2022

I have the same issue, working in a team managed project, so the images from the proposed solution doesn't apply directly. 

Skærmbillede 2022-09-22 kl. 13.22.42.pngSkærmbillede 2022-09-22 kl. 13.23.30.png

Jan Verbeke October 13, 2023

I do not have the 'epic status' on my epics.

Suggest an answer