How to not count days the issue is blocked on the Control Chart

Marina January 23, 2020

Hello community!

I am trying to edit my Control Chart Report to reflect accurately my team's work.

At my company, whenever an issue has an external blocker, we add a "Flag". I wanted the Chart to not consider the days that issue was flagged because that would impact the average, and there was nothing the team could do about it.

Is there a way to edit the report so that it would not count those days, regardless of which status the story/defect was on?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Marina - I don't think this is possible, because the chart takes its data from issue statuses, and doesn't seem to use any custom fields as input.

However, what you could do as a workaround is create a Blocked status (or column) and exclude it from the control chart.

Hope that helps!

Marina January 23, 2020

Thank you Kevin. Yes, we used to have the ON HOLD status. However management wants to see on each status a blocked story is, and we run some reports around it. I thought I could edit the code for the report somehow.
Thank you!

0 votes
Delphine Brisepierre January 8, 2021

an automated way to exclude Flagged stories from the Control Chart, it also puts flagged stories in the top row, without losing their status column, nor the field/values we use for swimlanes.
Note: I think this will only work if you're using Queries for swimlanes (so you might have to adjust.)

image.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Hi Marina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Another way to do it is with an add-on tool like Nave.

Marina January 24, 2020

I will take a look at this one! Thank you very much,

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Hey @Marina  - If you got your question answered, can you click on the Accept answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Suggest an answer