• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to not count days the issue is blocked on the Control Chart

Hello community!

I am trying to edit my Control Chart Report to reflect accurately my team's work.

At my company, whenever an issue has an external blocker, we add a "Flag". I wanted the Chart to not consider the days that issue was flagged because that would impact the average, and there was nothing the team could do about it.

Is there a way to edit the report so that it would not count those days, regardless of which status the story/defect was on?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2020

Hi @Marina - I don't think this is possible, because the chart takes its data from issue statuses, and doesn't seem to use any custom fields as input.

However, what you could do as a workaround is create a Blocked status (or column) and exclude it from the control chart.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Kevin. Yes, we used to have the ON HOLD status. However management wants to see on each status a blocked story is, and we run some reports around it. I thought I could edit the code for the report somehow.
Thank you!

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jan 24, 2020

Hi Marina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Another way to do it is with an add-on tool like Nave.

I will take a look at this one! Thank you very much,

John Funk Community Leader Jan 25, 2020

Hey @Marina  - If you got your question answered, can you click on the Accept answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

an automated way to exclude Flagged stories from the Control Chart, it also puts flagged stories in the top row, without losing their status column, nor the field/values we use for swimlanes.
Note: I think this will only work if you're using Queries for swimlanes (so you might have to adjust.)

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,184 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you