How to enable roadmap feature in jira data center?

Pritesh Jagani May 26, 2021

We upgraded our licenses to jira data center and we are now on 8.9.0 version. We would like to know how to enable the advanced roadmap feature - documentation is only availabe for cloud but not for jira data center. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

3 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi, @Pritesh Jagani !

You need to upgrade to 8.15. 

Look through this article - Advanced roadmaps is now part of Jira Software Data Center 

Advanced roadmaps is now available to download free for all DC instances, and will automatically be included with Jira Software Data Center from 8.15 and beyond.

kdickason June 20, 2022

I have Data center 8.20 and cannot find a way to see or enable Roadmaps. Please provide instructions.  I do not have a More option under Boards and see no way to enable the feature. I do not have a Roadmap option on any project!! @Pritesh Jagani 

Like Nik C likes this
JAMBHULKAR_SUYOG_SATYANAND_EXT October 10, 2022

Hi @Alexander Bondarev we have Data center 9.1.1 but still can not see Roadmap. Please provide instructions on how to enable this feature. May be the Roadmap is not there in Data center and instead we have to use portfolio Jira tool. Kindly give your suggestions

Like Nik C likes this
Nik C December 6, 2022

Same here, we have 8.22.4 and have not seeing Roadmap :(

@Alexander Bondarev could you please share how to enable the Roadmap on DataCenter, thanks 

Stu May 2, 2023

Anyone find the roadmaps feature yet?

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2023

We are in same situation we have Jira Data Center 9.7.1 and we could not find the way to enable Roadmap, any one find it ?

Naman Batra January 11, 2024

Was anyone able to solve this?

JAMBHULKAR_SUYOG_SATYANAND_EXT February 20, 2024

Under the 'Manage Apps' you will find the 'Advanced Roadmaps for Jira'

Suggest an answer