• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to do automation reporting for JIRA dashboard gadgets and to schedule the reports for executives

Hello,

I have some questions regarding automation reporting. In my organization, I have created different filters and I am using the filters in different gadgets to represent the data to my executives. However, they would like to receive two reports on a daily and weekly basis via email.

Report 1 - Daily open/close ticket report, in this report they would like to see how many tickets were received and how many were completed on a daily basis. The data should represent the total number of tickets titles showing grouped by each user.

Report 2  - Weekly open/close report, in this report the total number of tickets received and how many were completed per user.

I have created a filter and gadget (resolved vs unresolved tickets for 7 days) which I believe provides all the information for the given reports, however, I would highly appreciate it if you could please help me in knowing how to automate and schedule the reports for the executive team? Since the dashboard gadget doesn't provide me with an export option in a pdf or excel format. I need to click on individual status i.e. Resolved vs Unresolved and need to export in the different formats which would take a lot of time and efforts of mine every day.

Is there a way or a plugin to automate the above reports on a daily and weekly basis and forward it to the executive team in a pdf format via email? Please let know if you need any further information.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Abdul

2 answers

Hello @Abdul Kader Broachwala 

If you have a saved filter, you can set up a subscription to email a group of users with the output of the saved filter. You will have to get the executives set up in a user group first. The output won't be pdf or excel. See this post.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-subscribe-a-group-to-a-filter/qaq-p/757898

Hello Trudy,

Thank you for taking out time and responding to my question. I appreciate your help!

The subscription method won't work for the executives as they do not want to be a JIRA user. Furthermore, they will receive a JIRA link for the saved filter which they do not want. They would like to see an overview of the report in a pdf/excel format for the aforementioned reports daily and weekly. Is there a plugin which helps to make the automation reporting possible in a pdf/excel format? Your advice will be highly appreciated! Thank you

Hello @Abdul Kader Broachwala 

I have no need for that sort of app, but I'm sure if you go to the App Marketplace and do a search for "jira export pdf" you could find that information.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jira+pdf+export

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes

You can automatically export and email Jira dashboards using the two apps called Better PDF Exporter and Better PDF Automation.

Here is the guide: https://midori-global.com/products/better-pdf-exporter-for-jira/data-center/documentation/dashboards#automation

jira-dashboard-kanban-report.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

640 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you