Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to create a blank board in Jira project?

Hi guys,

I wanted to create a blank board in Jira project. This is the server version. When I create the board, it has the same issues with the previous board.

Is there a possibility to create a completely blank board?

Regards,

Pavle

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Sep 10, 2020

Hello,

This is normal, but you can modify the new board by accessing the "board settings" to select the issues you want to appear

In order to do so, you can follow the following steps :

1. Make sure you have the required permissions; if you can't access the board parameters using the top right ". . ." button from your Backlog or Active Sprint screen, contact your project administrator
  2. In the board setting, go to "General", then scroll down to "Filter".
  3. By clicking "Edit Filter Query", you will be able to specify the JQL query displaying only the issues you want to appear on your board

You can find more information on JQL by using the following link if required :

JQL tutorial 

Keep me informed if it helped or not,

Guilhem

0 votes

Hi @Pavle Todorovic ,

You should first create a filter (just create one without any issue in it) e.g. issuetype = bug AND issuetype = story. Make sure you share it with the people you want to share your board with.

Then go to Menu > Boards > Create board> Scrum/Kanban > Board from an existing Saved Filter > Choose your newly created filter.

Afterwards you can change the filter to show issues on the board. But if you have some problem with the previous board, it will probably because of the filter. Creating the same filter to a new board, will result in the same problem with your new board.

Or if that is not your problem it could be that you have a board configuration issue, but that is not clear from your question. So you might want to elaborate on what is the reason why you want to create an empty board.

Rudy

Hello @Rudy Holtkamp , 

I have the same problem but slightly different. I want to create a project but I don't want to share the setting of other projects with the new one. 

When the project is created there is no board anything. I click created board - Scrum or Kanba board with it without sample data. 

I am new in Jira so if you could tell me what I am doing wrong when creating a project or a board? 

Thanks 

Hi @Evelyn Topon ,

If you create a new project by using an Atlassian template, you will automatically create a project that does not share the settings with existing projects.

If you choose Kanban or Scrum a board will automatically be created. If that does not happens then it is odd and you should either contact Atlassian support or create a board yourself. You can do that by going to https://<yoursite>.atlassian.net/jira/boards > Creat board > Create Scrum/Kanban > Board from an existing project and type in the correct details

After creation you can edit the board and change the columns.

@Rudy Holtkamp Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events