How to configure post-function workflow transition to update the 'flagged' field

I would like to 'tick' a value in the 'flagged' field (custom field created by greenhopper/agile) if the parent issue's status has been 'in progress' for more than 1 working day.

on greenhopper itself, i had set a filter

status changed BEFORE startOfDay() TO "In Progress" AND status not in (Closed) AND status not in (Open) and issuetype="Technical task"

but it is not as useful as an issue flagged by a postfunction, which is more visual (bright yellow!) and more likely to get picked up.

I believe the right place to set this is in workflow, and "Set a field from a set of rules based on regular expressions"? Unfortunately the syntax for this is really complex, and i do not know how to write a condition in.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

The workflow is not the right place to do this, as what you want does not involve changing the status of the issue!

What you need is some kind of (jelly-)escalation to update the flagged field.

argh

i think Jelly is slightly beyond my capacity, i had a look at that https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Jelly+Examples but all of these are too different from my case you be able to do easy tweaks.

anyone know of a UI that helps building jira jelly queries?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

667 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you