How to assign an issue to the user of a specific role in transition?

YJ Huang August 25, 2020

I have a workflow which has 2 review statuses as follows:

FireShot Capture 139 - Edit — Accton Review Workflow For The Confirm Issue Type - JIRA - localhost.png

If the initial assignee clicks the "TL Review" button, the issue should be transitioned to the Team Leader. And if the Team Leader click the "PL Review" button, the issue should be transitioned to the Project Leader/Reporter.

However, the team leader is variable by project, thus I add a role named as "Team Leader" and add the only one team leader in it while creating the project.

But I don't know how to make the issue automatically be assigned to the Team Leader after the initial assignee click the "TL Review" button.

Is there any free solution to achieve the workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Hi @YJ Huang 

You best bet is working with components. Jira doesn't provide any (that I'm aware) to assign to a role. 

You can set components identifying the teams, with the team leader as a component leader. When the transition is made, assign the issue to the component leader in  a post function. 

YJ Huang December 13, 2020

Hi @Pedro Felgueiras , thanks for your suggestion.

Eventually, this requirement is implemented the function via the Automation for Jira - Server Lite plugin.

Suggest an answer