How to Configure Users for Multiple projects

Michael Gibson February 2, 2015

Hi All,

I'm very new to JIRA and I'm learning how to use and configure the Agile module.  We have 3 projects set up and I want to configure access so that project members can only access the project they've been assigned to.

I've been researching how to do this and read several articles and the help pages, but must confess to still experiencing some confusion.

Can someone please suggest the best method for this type of User configuration?

Regards

Mick

1 answer

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

The best way to do this is to configure customo group of user. Next use those group in the ''user'' Role of the project you want them to see.

Michael Gibson February 3, 2015

Hi Philippe, Thanks for your response. As a test I created a Test Project, a Test User, 2 x Test Group (User and Developer). I placed the Test User in the Test Developer group and was thinking that I needed to create Test Roles as well and place the Test group in that role - but I wasn't quite certain whether this was correct. Your advice? Also, I was wondering what role the Project Permissions played - do I need to create a distinct Permission Scheme for each project? Regards Mick

Michael Gibson February 3, 2015

I think I have it solved. I re-read an earlier article I found which made mroe sense this time. I did create a Permission Scheme for each project and assigned Groups based on the default one as a template. Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer