How do you make attachment mandatory when creating a Jira ticket or issue

KAYODE FASANYA June 15, 2021

I want the Product Managers in my organisation to log or raise a ticket on Jira for the project then attach a business case or business requirement document. They should not be able to submit the project request until the business case is attached. The attachment filed should be made mandatory.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hello @KAYODE FASANYA 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with Jira Server/Data Center or Jira Cloud?

If you are working with Jira Cloud, are you working with a Company Managed Project or a Team Managed Project?

And, are you working with a Work Management, Service Management, or Software project?

Do you want all issues in the project to be required to have an attachment at all times? Or do you want to make sure the attachment is added specifically when the issue is created? Do you want to require an attachment regardless of who creates the issue, or only when some people create issues?

Asparuh Georgiev October 13, 2021

@Trudy Claspill  Hey, I have the same QQ as Kayode.

We are on Jira Cloud
We are using Company-managed Projects

We are using both Jira Software and Jira Service Management

We would like just some issues to require the mandatory attachment. (I figured how to do this via Field Configuration Schemes but the attachment field I cannot make "required")

Thanks!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hello @Asparuh Georgiev 

Welcome to the community.

I think you could use a Validator on a workflow transition. The Field Required validator could be used to ensure the Attachment "field" was not empty and prevent the transition if it was empty. If you wanted to ensure the attachment was added during issue creation, you would put the validator on the Create transition.

Like Amanda Cifuente likes this
Asparuh Georgiev October 14, 2021

@Trudy Claspill  Worked like a charm!

Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer