How do you make a Jira project visible to anyone without logging in?

David Yeager April 30, 2018

I want all issues visible to the world without having to log in. Is there a setting for this? Thx.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Thanks for your response. I just checked under Project Name->settings->permissions->'browse projects'->'grant permissions' and the only available options for "granted to" are:

Project Role

Application access

Group

Service Desk Customer - Portal Access

Reporter

Current assignee

Single user

Project lead

Group

custom field value

Any other suggestions?

Like Jolly Singh likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2018

You've missed the line in the doc that says "group".  "Anyone" is an option in the list of groups.

Like Kevin Bianchi likes this

Beauty! Yes once I select "Group" there is an option "Anyone". Thanks for the help guys!

Ryan Kearney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

No problem! You can mark a question as answered by hitting the checkmark to the left of the submitted answer. This helps other users in the future who might have a similar question. 

0 votes
Roman Kovalevsky April 28, 2021

hi there,

I just did add the anyone group, but still it asks to login when I open the backlog page https://kovalevsky.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=4&projectKey=FILL&view=planning.nodetail&selectedIssue=FILL-7&versions=visible&issueLimit=100. 

Is there any specific link I should share for such anonymous access?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

You can't enable anonymous access to boards - boards can only be used by software users (which means they have to log in so that Jira can tell that they're allowed to use it)

Roman Kovalevsky May 1, 2021

hm, isn't this parent question literally ask the same? seems like there was an accepted answer, which made me think that it is possible

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

Projects and boards are different things.  The accepted answer is about projects, as the question was about project access.

Roman Kovalevsky May 2, 2021

so you are saying there's no way to give access to the board to everyone on the web?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2021

Correct, boards are a function of Software, and you need to be a licenced user to use boards.

Suggest an answer