How do I reorganize the versions in the backlog view

Brian Maloney April 19, 2018

When viewing the backlog I see my versions and epics expanders in the side menu. How do I organize the order of the listed versions?
Capture.PNG
The order I'm seeing seems to be controlled by created date/time. It ignores any changes to start date, release date and even ignores the manual drag and drop sorting you can apply from the releases menu within a project. 

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2018

Hi Brian,

The order you see in the backlog view is coming from the order you have set in the release page (click on the ship icon). 

Just go to the release page and reorder the versions as you want. The order will be directly (read inversely) reflected in the backlog view. 

hope it helps

cheers

Brian Maloney April 20, 2018

Thank you Mohammed. I now see the drag and drop ordering does affect the backlog view of the versions. This was not apparent when moving one release to the top and not seeing what I was expecting. Moving a release to the bottom of the list does present it at the top of the backlog view.  

Thanks again,
    -Brian

Clark Morrow June 12, 2019

Brian, I'm glad you responded that this works. Having it show in the reverse order is not intuitive, but it makes sense when you see how it works

Like Armando likes this
Oliver Jones March 29, 2021

Hey all - could you please clarify why it makes sense for the Releases page to display versions in reverse order? My preference would be that the order set in Releases would reflect in the Backlog view. Thanks in adv. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer