How do I remove an attachment?

Frank Varnell May 19, 2013

I want to delete an attachment. I dont see how to do that.

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

It's not directly possible in the greenhopper detail view. You first have to open the issue in the normal JIRA issue detail view through clicking on the issue key in the greenhopper detail view. In the normal JIRA view you should see a trash can icon if you hover over an attachment. If not, you should check your permissions as mentioned in the answers from Timothy and Matt.

Henning

Frank Varnell May 21, 2013

Thanks this was the problem! I see the trash can in this view. Not sure why it cant be in the other views but this worked.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

So than it would be nice if you would mark my answer as correct. Thanks!

Henning

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2013

You need to check if you have the permission to delete attachments.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

0 votes
Frank Varnell May 21, 2013

Hennings answer solved it.

0 votes
Matt Schenck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2013

Hi Frank,

You should be able to do so, but only if you have the permission to do so from your System Administrator. I would contact him/her to make sure that you have that particular permission.

Suggest an answer