How do I export the planning board to excel?

Jeremy Miller April 3, 2012

I would like to export the planning board to excel.

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

You can export the backlog, any sprint, or any column from a Scrum / Kanban board to Excel using the Better Excel Plugin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=DRfGmCDgazQ

Disclaimer: I am developer of this app.

Lya August 21, 2018

Aron, I only want to pull my daily Kanban board to a spreadsheet. I have my own quirky way to keep a record of (1) who did what when (2) who is planning to do when. (3) what blockers we had on this and this date. I used to request my scrum teams to fill out a Google form of Done, To Do and Blocker. This would beautifully come into a Google Form with date, name and details. And it was transparent. Is there a way to use Better Excel Plugin to pull whats on the Board to a spreasheet so that I have a "snap shot" of the day? I reviewed your plugin thoroughly and could not find a straight forward way to doing it.

Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

So, the Better Excel Plugin adds an export dropdown to the top part of each column. You can add any type of Excel exports to that and it will export the items in that column to an XLSX file. See the left block in this screenshot:1e199d1d-50ab-4087-92b7-a1a8c21e2976

And! If you are not insisting on using spreadsheets, we have another product (PDF View Plugin) which allows exporting the whole board (whether Kanban or Scrum) to a nice PDF document like this (more samples):

jira-dashboard-agile-sprint-report

Brian Barnett September 25, 2018

Aron,

I want to live export data from Kanban to Quip excel insert.  Any ideas?

Brian Barnett

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2018

I am not familiar with Quip, but if it can import standard XLSX files, you can absolutely use the Better Excel Exporter to create those from the Kanban board.

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2012

Hi Jeremy,

You can switch to the Issue Navigator via the cog dropdown on the statistic box (for a version, component, assignee):

Once in the Issue Navigator you can perform an export to Excel:

Cheers,

Nicholas Muldoon

Atlassian

David Du Buron March 4, 2016

Remember to add an order by Rank in the Issue Navigator to maintain the Story Rank you saw on the Agile Board.

Suggest an answer