How do I create a quick filter to filter tasks by epic colour?

lilianyoung November 11, 2020

I am trying to create a jql quick filter on my kanban board. My query is as follows but it does not work:

"Epic Color" =ghx-label-5

I am currently on Jira 8.12.1 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi @lilianyoung  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am on Cloud and not Server, but your query works fine for me.

What do you mean by "it does not work"? Do you get an error or there just any Epics that get returned? Have you tried another number like 1 instead of 5?

Nadia June 30, 2022

@John Funk it doesn't work at all. If you use quick filters on the board based on Epic Color - clicking on this quick filter returns you 0 results. There are issues returned by usual filter though, so I believe it is just doesn't work with boards. 

Do you know if that's going to be working for boards in future?

Found this one in a separate thread, but not sure that's the same subject matter..  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Yeah, that looks like a problem with the Quick Filters for the Server version. I don't know if adding a new custom field and populating that with a value will help or not. Or if quick filters just won't work at all with Epics. 

Suggest an answer