How do I create a filter for my Kanban board that only shows sub initiatives and Features/User Stori

Julienschwartz February 24, 2021

I am not very familiar with Jira very new to the tool and find it very difficult to create filters. I  want to utilize the same project for both a Scrum board as well as Kanban view to obtain different results.

I want the kanban board to only display sub initiatives and linked Epics/User Stories. I am doing this to be able to track work that is assigned to other Application teams that are currently working in Rally (and not connection to Jira right now).

Can someone provide how to create a filter in Kanban board and the associated JQL to get me the results listed above?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hello @Julienschwartz 

Welcome to the community.

Please tell us are you using JIRA Server, Data Center, or Cloud?

Are your "sub initiatives" a type of JIRA issue in your environment.

With the out of the box JIRA products there is generally not a method to get a list of issues and all the issues linked to them also, in one filter. That usually takes an add-on product to make such a sophisticated filter. But the options are different depending on the type of hosting for your JIRA product.

If you can provide us with the above information we can try to give you a more useful answer.

Suggest an answer