How can my admin change my language

Iain Waddell December 1, 2021

When I visit this URL to change my language:

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences

and I get this displayed:

image.png

I've asked my manager to change my language setting but he's not sure how to do this. After googling myself I couldn't find anything either.

Any one know how my manager can change my language?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Iain Waddell 

Do you mean Per-user language selection? 

Here is how to manage your language preferences

Each user can select their own language preference. If a user sets a language setting here, it will overwrite the default language setting and Jira Cloud will display in the language they've selected.

1. Go to your avatar > Profile.
  2. Select Manage your account.
  3. Select Account preferences.
  4. From Language, select your language.

From

https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-your-language-preferences/

BR, Olga

Thanks, but that's what I've been doing and as you can see from the screenshot I attached I'm not able to do this because my account is managed.

Whenever I google this is the same answer I keep finding

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hello, 

Managed accounts should not affect this, managed accounts are accounts with the verified domain. This just states that you cant delete your account not manage personal info.

Have you tried hovering over language and choosing another language? 

What your admin can try is login as another user (you)

This is how 

1. Go to your site's Admin at admin.atlassian.com. If you're an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, select the site's name and URL to open the Admin for that site.
  2. From the Users page, select a user from the list.
  3. Choose Log in as user at the top of the page.

BR, Olga

Thanks. No idea what happened last night but I didn't seem to be able to change it. I've changed it now.

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

Hello, 

Np, this may sound ridiculous but your browser could be to blame, happens to everyone. 

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events