How can I retrieve license information with Assets Discovery Tool from external server?

Tara Martucci April 11, 2023

I have the asset details captured such as CPU, OS, Network Interface, File Systems, but I want license details.  

1 answer

0 votes
Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Tara Martucci 

If you are talking about Windows Licenses, Discovery tool can fetch that information through scans. I am not sure about all the attibutes of the license, but I think you have information about the validate date for example. 

When importing those results into Insight, make sure you have enabled "License" object type.

Tara Martucci April 12, 2023

What about for external servers with a different application besides JIRA ?

Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

I believe, since you want to retrieve information from different sources of software, you might want to create your own patterns through Discovery tool in order to import that into Assets.

Tara Martucci April 13, 2023

What would be the best pattern displayed to reference to gather license information or application status? 

Suggest an answer