How can I get the CSV import to work for sub-tasks?

Amiel Freeman December 29, 2020

I'm trying to upload a task with corresponding sub-tasks to a project with the External System Import.

However I keep getting the following type of error:

• Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-341655679132137540', summary='Employee Name']
  • Unable to link issue from autoid-341655679132137540 to 1 with link named 'sub-task-link': Cannot find imported issue key for external id 'autoid-341655679132137540'

This is the structure of my CSV file.
CSV Import_Screenshot.JPG

I'd be grateful for any help on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

Hello @Amiel Freeman ,

in the current project do you have the issues imported? 

or are you trying to import issues and subtasks at the same time?

Best regards.

Amiel Freeman December 29, 2020

Hi @Juan José Marchal Gómez

I tried adding sub-tasks to existing standard issues first but later found a few community posts stating it was currently not possible. So, I gave up and tried adding standard issues and sub-tasks at the same time with the CSV import.

The import successfully creates the standard issue while the sub-tasks receive the above mentioned error message.
According to the documentation only the two columns "issue id" and "parent id" need to filled in and mapped correctly...  

Like Lars Paysen likes this

Suggest an answer