How can I create a New Sprint as I cannot click on "Create Sprint" button

Vasundhara Shrestha November 4, 2018

Hi!

I am currently facing 2 issues:

1. I can see the "CREATE SPRINT" Button in the Backlog but cannot click on it. Hence I am unable to create a Future SprintCreate_new_Sprint.png
  2. I also cannot see any issues in the backlog from the backlog view although I can confirm that there are issues in the backlog as I can view them when I run a JQL filter. Why can't I see them in the Backlog view itself. Refer to attachment please.

I would really appreciate any assistance and input!

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

VS

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2018

Hi @Vasundhara Shrestha,

The first question:
1. First confirm that you have permission (Manage sprints ) to create a sprint, please refer to the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

2. Please confirm whether the system allows multiple sprints (Using Parallel Sprints) to be started at the same time,, please refer to the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/using-parallel-sprints-938845513.html

The second question:

Please check the filter of the board, columns and other configurations, whether the Issue is filtered in the existing configuration of the board, or is it not matched to the correct column?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-a-board-938845252.html

Hope it helps.

0 votes
IanJones April 5, 2022

Hi @Vasundhara Shrestha 

As you've done all the other checks and balances, there's one left remaining not yet mentioned. It's all about the bracket !

In the filter from which the board refers, try adding in the extra bracket as shown in bold below.

project = "xxx" AND (search (criteria)) ORDER BY Rank ASC 

0 votes
Vasundhara Shrestha November 4, 2018

Hi Ollie,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, I am the permission to manage sprints as my project role is that of an Administrator. Infact I had been managing all the sprints and backlog until the backlog of issues and future sprints just "disappeared from the backlog view".

2. Parallel Sprint is not enabled. However I do not want to run a parallel sprint. I want to create a Sprint for the future without Starting it. E.g. Sprint 4 is our active Sprint. In the past I was able to create a future Sprint e.g. Sprint 5 which I would start when the active sprint ended. 

3. The filter of the active sprint's board is fine. Is there a way to check the filter for the backlog?

My main issue is that the Backlog is shown as Empty when I am on the Backlog view and the Create Sprint button is also blurred out.Please see image below.

Issue.png

Kind regards,

VS

Suggest an answer