How can I change default issue type for a next gen project?

Manish Kumar August 6, 2019

I want to change default issue type for next gen project. How do I do it?

I tried the steps I used to do in older projects. But I don't see "Actions" button anymore.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hello Manish,

Currently this is not possible, Next-Gen projects do not have customizable configuration options for many of the scheme configurations.

However we have the following Story which is a collection of sub-tasks that are being addressed for the next-gen project types:

Under this main story the sub-task that directly relates to defining a default issue type in the next-gen project's settings is being tracked at the link below:

Make sure to add a vote to the Sub-task issue to help out in defining interest in the  feature to help out in prioritization efforts per the "Implementation of new feature policy", also if you have the time to do so check out the other various features incase there is anything else you are looking to do in the next-gen projects making sure to add a comment if you have any additional feedback on the functionality to help us fine tune and define the features as they are being added into the new project type.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer