How can I add options to the transition?

Andrea wang May 24, 2023

微信图片_20230525115256.png

When I click on Approve how can I set a popup to let me choose whether the status becomes a bug or a requirement.

3 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Andrea wang ,

status becomes a bug/requirement or issuetype change to bug/requirement?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Andrea - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you describe the situation a little more? When the issue is approved - which means it moves to Done from what the workflow seems to show above - you want to create a new issue? If so, you would need to decide that before clicking Approve - probably by updating a custom field on the issue to select what option you want. Or by using existing values on the issue somehow. 

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Andrea wang 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community !!

Does  status is custom field where you need to select Bug/Requirement?

If yes then you need to create transition screen for approve transition and add that status field on that screen

Refer this 

If you are using team managed project in jira cloud then its not possible

Suggest an answer