How add date in notification email's subject line?

Shah Baloch September 28, 2020

I would like to edit Jira Subscription Filter's subject line by including tomorrow's date. I created a filter that gets send to the manager every Monday and It will include the tickets that are scheduled for change tomorrow. It is a weekly email and the date should change automatically every week. the subject line should be something like this "Tickets for xx/xx/xxxx".

Email gets send every Monday but it should display the next day (Tuesday)'s the date in the subject line.

How I can accomplish that?

Appreciate your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Hi Shah,

I see that you are looking to be able to customize the subject of the subscription email sent by Jira Cloud.  Unfortunately, this is not something that is current possible within Jira Cloud.  We do have an existing feature request that seeks this ability over in JRACLOUD-61770.

I also tried to see if perhaps there was some other means to customize this, say through an existing app from our Marketplace.  However I have not found any existing solutions for this in Jira Cloud.

Sorry there does not appear to be a working solution for this right now, but I would recommend watching that ticket for updates on this.  Should a solution or work-around be found I would expect that issue to updated to reflect this.

Andy

Shah Baloch September 29, 2020

@Andy Heinzer I apologize, I accidentally selected Jira cloud, actually, we are using the Jira server. I'm able to edit the notification but I can't figure it out how to include the date. Thank you

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Thanks for that info.  Please let me know what version of Jira this is, and what steps you have taken so far to customize this subscription email.  I understand it might be possible to do this via editing specific vm templates, but this is not truly something Atlassian supports.

So while I would be interested to investigate this further to better understand if it can be done, I am not certain that I have the expertise for this kind of customization.

Let me know.

Andy

Shah Baloch September 30, 2020

We are using Jira 8.5. I edited the subject of the Filtersubscription.vm template. Now the subject is "Change Tickets for". I would like to add tomorrow's date. The subject line should be "Change Tickets for 10/01/2020" (next day). If there'll be a way to include next day's date. Thank you

Suggest an answer