How/Where to install Slack app in BitBucket?

meredevelopment January 6, 2021

I'm trying to get BitBucket to send notifications to slack. Following this article: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/integrate-bitbucket-cloud-with-slack/ 

It asks me to "Click Repository settings then select Slack > Settings." There is no "Slack" or "Slack > Settings" item in Repository settings. 

I've visited the Workspace settings and in Marketplace I can see the "Slack Notifications" app, but there's no "Add" button, only a "Learn more" which takes me to the article above. 

I've checked "Installed Apps" and Slack is not there.

Please help. 

Edit: Ah crap, just noticed I posted this in a "Jira" area. Is a mod able to move it to a "Bitbbucket" area please? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hi @meredevelopment - happy to help! when you look at "Installed Apps" in that Workspace, do you see "Chat Notifications"?

Also, it could be confusing which "Repository settings" you need to be in. There is a page where you can see all of the repositories in a workspace:

And there is also a page where you are looking at a specific repository:

Are you looking at a specific repository? Or the list of repositories. In theory, if you're looking at a specific repository, you can navigate to "Repository settings", where at the bottom you'll find a section titled "Slack" where you can click "Settings".

meredevelopment January 11, 2021

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I was looking at the specific repository, and was only seeing a "Trello" item. I checked back 1 day later, and was then shown a "Slack" item too and was able to continue. 

I've noticed several times that I need to leave things for hours or a day for settings to change, especially things relating to linking of products, so I wonder if there's aggressive caching going on throughout Atlassian products. 

All good now thanks.

Ben

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2021

Ah, great to hear. Have you just recently gotten started with Bitbucket?

Suggest an answer