Hide History tab for particular project and users(group/role)

Lokesh May 27, 2021

Is there a way to hide History tab for particular project and users(group/role) ?

Although there's something on global, but if we need to hide for anyone project & also to few users based on their group/role, would be useful

Fragments do not have module for this.

Has anyone found a way around this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Lokesh !

I agree with Joshua, it is impossible out-of-box. 

Look at external apps like:

Good luck!

Lokesh May 27, 2021

Hi @Alexander Bondarev,

Thanks for the apps info, could be useful to explore 2nd & 3rd from your list.

Cheers!

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi Lokesh,

This is not supported natively within Jira. It is possible to use Scriptrunner Behaviours to accomplish hiding UI elements for a specific set of users. I do not have a script or the time to address this, but know it is possible. Cheers!

Lokesh May 27, 2021

Hi @Joshua Sneed Contegix

Scriptrunner Fragments has a way to hide entire Activity module, but not just the History tab under it.

Not sure what to be called out in Scriptrunner Behaviours, any clues on this would be helpful ?

Thanks.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

Hi Lokesh,

I have no idea! Look into the Issue Tab Panels Plugin > Change History Tab Panel module maybe? Cheers!

Suggest an answer