• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help me find an estimation tool (planning poker, agile poker) that my IT admins will approve

I work for a large (2,000+ people), budget-conscious organization where IT are the admins for our Jira instance.

My teams have been struggling with estimation tools, especially remotely. We've tried everything from pointing on fingers to cards to post-it notes to third party tools with little to no success.

The team wants to use a Jira-integrated tool for simplicity and reliability. I brought this up to IT and received this response:

In considering addons for Jira, we have to look at several things:
a) Must be supported by Atlassian
b) Must have a server version as well as a cloud version for eventual upgrade.
Based on a) and b), these is only ONE addon available:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218884/scrum-poker-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
and the cost to purchase is $6,500 with annual recurring maintenance fee of $3,250 after the 1st year.

Preferably, are there any Jira addons that are Atlassian-supported with server and Cloud versions at a more reasonable cost?

Alternatively, have you had success with any third-party tools? We'd been using PlanIt Poker and we keep getting duplicate people in the session, estimates don't always show up for the moderator after everyone's voted, and the team is generally frustrated by it (though the upside is, it's free).

Thank you!

2 answers

Hello Season,

I am answering here as the author of the Scrum Poker for Jira app that you were talking about. Please take into account that this app does not support Cloud instances. It is developed for Jira Server and has successfully passed the Data Center approval earlier this year.

This app is not for free but provides you with the seamless integration into Jira you and your teams are looking for with an interface that fosters interaction and discussion. More aput this app on the website: https://jira-scrum-poker.codescape.de/

There are other apps in the marketplace, too. Most have defined and found their own preferred way to provide teams with the functionality to estimate their work. Even I believe that my app does a very good job at this I would strongly advise to let some of your teams use the evaluation license and try out different apps to find the one that suits them best.

Hi @Season Hughes

Trust you are well.

If it's still relevant I suggest trying Canvas for Agile Teams and atScale . Not just estimation, rather a a complete agile techniques set. Very simple yet powerful. Available for Cloud only though.

Cheers,

Yuri. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

637 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you