Greenhopper configuration

I need to configure GreenHooper in JIRA. I've downloaded JIRA 5.2.4.1 and configure it in local server. When I try to get GreenHooper, I go to Find a new Add-on from plugin menu. First it shows me message This version of JIRA is unknown to the plugin information server. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No plugins can be found for unknown product versions..

Also, I'm unable to locate the Universal Plugin Manager anywhere in Administrator page. I've read it is default added in new version of JIRA but unable to find it.

10 answers

1 accepted

Solved this myself, If you want to apply licensing you need to disable the link to the marketplace this will then allow you to apply the license key as for some reason otherwise it forces the other screen

Couldn't find how to do that? Can you please help me with couple of instructions to disable the link and adding greenhooper.

Same problem here - 5.2.4.1 seems to be unknown

I would be waiting for the solution.

Thanks
Manish

Seems to be a problem with the version string for 5.2.4.1 as 5.2.4 is finding plugins.

even no release notes available...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+5.2.4.1+Release+Notes "Page not found"

i wouldn't think about upgrading atm

marketplace should be updated soon to talk with 5.2.4.1 version too. stay tuned

can you download manually?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/version/1410

The problem is even if you download manually there is no way to actually add the licence information in as those pages just show the same error message

Since the current release 5.2.4.1 seems unstable, can you please advice the best stable release I can download and configure to work with JIRA and GreenHooper.

Hi,

Can someone please help me with previous stable build where I can integrate GreenHooper.

Regards
Manish

So you're back on 5.2.4 now and still not able to connect to marketplace?

No, I'm still using 5.2.4.1 and now I tried downloading GH again, it surprisingly worked.

Thanks
Manish

to be honest, nothing for now. But would like to understand what made it work? As I didn't change anything at my end.

so far so good. what exactly do you need now?

it is possible that atlassian finally introduced 5.2.4.1 to the marketplace to let them communicate with each other. it is like that sometimes with new builds...anyway they fixed it.

i suggest installing new versions in a testing environment next time you plan to upgrade. if everything is fine you're ready to go productive. that's how i approach updates

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,058 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you