Greenhopper - Remove Epic

How can I remove an Epic from the sidebar within Greenhopper?

I created an issue as an Epic (by mistake) and meant it to be a story. Does Greenhopper not allow you to change your mind if something is tagged as an Epic?

3 answers

1 accepted

I don't want to delete the issue, but change it's issue type (which I know I can easily do) and also have it no longer show up in the sidebar within Greenhopper.

I guess the way to do it, is mark it as complete within Greenhopper, that way it will no longer show in the sidebar or reports, but the issue would still be open

0 vote

Go to the Epic and use the "Move" operation to change the issuetype.

I'm not talking about the issue type (JIRA field) I am on about the Epic field within Greenhopper - i.e. what makes it appear in the sidebar within Greenhopper.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 29, 2013

An Epic is an issue. You should be able to just delete it in this case. And since Epic is an issue, what Jobin mentioned is also feasible.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,678 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you