Find issues that are linked to another Jira instance

dirtbiker1824 December 6, 2020

I am trying to find all issues within Instance 1 that are linked to instances 2. I have tried "IssueLinkType" but this doesn't seem to work across instances. 

Example. I have IT-1 on instance 1 that "is driven by" EA-10 on instance 2 (EA-10 "drives" IT-1). "Is driven by" and "drives" is an issue link type that exists on instance 2.

On instance 1 I try the query <IssueLinkType = "is driven by"> but I don't get any results. The odd thing is that the "is driven by" is a valid link type and it is auto-populated in my list of available link types. 

Does anyone know of a way to get IssueLinkType to work across instances or have another query string that can be used to find all issues within an instance that link to another instance?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hello @dirtbiker1824 

Welcome to the community.

According to the documentation for Advanced Searching on JIRA Server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-fields-reference-939938743.html

Issue link type

Search for issues that have a particular link type, like blocks or is duplicated byYou can only find issues from the Jira instance you're searching on; remote links to issues on other Jira instances won’t be included.

Suggest an answer