Epic link should show only epics from the current project

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

I am in jira project "OELZ" and want to assign some epics, but the list also shows me a lot more epics from project "AF", which are done and which I don't want to see here:

image.png

according to the post here, this issue should be solved

[JSWSERVER-12016] The "Epic Link" field list Epics from all the projects instead of the current one - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Alexander Pappert 

Unfortunately, with reference to the given ticket, atlassian did not restrict the epics scope to a project but only fine tunes the list better with suggestions and filtering out done issues.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12016?focusedCommentId=820661&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-820661

And about the 'done epics', it doesnt refer to the status or resolution. Epics have a special field called 'epic status'. When that value is set to 'done', then the epic is considered as done.

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Yes @Alexander Pappert

go to the backlog and "Mark as Done" the epics what are in DONE status or configure an automation to "Mark as Done" alone when the epic is transitioned to DONE.

Best regards.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this

Suggest an answer