Enter Due Date when In Progress selected

Gordon Fang November 12, 2019

I was trying to configure a workflow that Due Date must be entered when the Issue status changed to In Progress.  Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2019

Hi @Gordon Fang ,

speaking of Jira Server you'll need an additional 3rd party app that extends workflows, e.g. Jira Workflow Toolbox, Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, Jira Suite Utilities or Script Runner.

Speaking of the first one in line, Jira Workflow Toolbox, you'd just have to add a Fields required validator (https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWT/Fields+required+or+changed+validator) and choose your Due Date there.

Cheers
Thorsten

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

The schedule issue permission.

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

@Gordon Fang my suggestion is to:

1. create a screen to use for the transition to In Progress and add the due date field to that screen
  2. add a validator in the workflow to ensure that the due date field is filled out. 
Gordon Fang November 12, 2019

@Stephen Crandell Thanks for quick response.  I am stucked on adding a validator.  Which permission is for due date filed?

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.59.44 PM.png

Suggest an answer