Emails functionality is not available after TLS update

zalim786 May 24, 2022

Hello guys,

one of our teams in Jira Project are using TLS 1.2 protocol now and because of that we dont have email functionality anymore. Users cant open tickets anymore.

How do we make it possible for users to open tickets with emails again?

Do we have to create CA certificate and change server.xml?

Jira is running as a Service on our server.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

I'm guessing you mean that you have reconfigured your email server so that it only allows connections that are secured by TLS.  If that's the case, then you'll need to reconfigure the Jira email connection, giving it the new settings that let it log into the email servier/

zalim786 May 24, 2022

well we use O365 but our sister firm (which also uses Jira for their support system) they have configured it to tls 1.2 already. Now they arent gettings Emails so they arent seeing customer Tickets. Our German system is working fine. Where do I set it up? how do I connect it? which settings should I put in my Jira? How do I reconfigure it so it can recognise TLS 1.2?

Regards

zalim786 May 24, 2022

here some more information:

Our Email config (Austria) (not working)

Imap

TLS. 1.2

Our German Email configs:

Microsoft

TLS (still 1.0) Microsoft hasnt rolled out yet but soon they will start rolling out without a warning and our germany Email Ticket System will be effected by it, so is there a detailed documentation that we can use to solve the issue of austrians and change the setting for german site ?

In jira we are using Java version above 8.

regards

Suggest an answer