Email sent from Jira doesn't add thread value in email header.

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

Hi all,

I get a lot of jira emails and would like to view them all if possible however currently our on prem jira instance sends them as individual emails which makes managing them very difficult. I use conversations to help thread my emails which works great where I can address bulk notifications, get the full story in my email client.  After digging a little and getting some help I have isolated the issue.

Issue:

• Emails sent from Jira do not thread in the outlook email client.
    • jira does not embed the appropriate thread header in the email.
  • Emails send from the jira do not embed the "Thread-Topic:" and "Thread-Index:" in the email header so that outlook can put the emails in conversation.

Desire:

• Is there an option in jira enable the thread option in jira? So that the emails sent out from jira provide what email clients are expecting to thread emails as expected?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy June 18, 2021

I think yours is Jira Server On Premise. Data Center has UI for Email Templates.

You many have to use Custom Email Templates in Jira Server which is a manual process. Refer to this article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/customizing-email-content-in-jira-server-1027142312.html 

Suggest an answer