Do we have limitations on rows/columns on iDalko Table Grid plugin?

Deepan Kumar Raghavan Vasu August 22, 2022

We are working on a new project and we need the table Grid Plugin to have lots of columns and rows to carry a lot of data, i was wondering if we have any limitations for iDalko Table Grid has any limitations on the Plugins.

Would really appreciate if i could get some leads on this. Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2022

Hi Deepan,

Francis here - PM for the table grid.

We had once a customer who started to load 4000+ rows in a single table, and this did lead to problems.

The question is - why would you need this type of setup.  What is the use case

Jon Chandra September 9, 2022

Piggy backing on this question because I do have a use case :)

Currently we have users attaching Excel sheets that contains 3000+ rows to Jira issues (test cases, requirement compliance, etc)

So we're thinking of leveraging table grids instead of Excel for these reasons:

1. we already have Table Grid for another reason. If we can use it, we don't need to deal with another test case plug-in

2. we would like to start weaning our user base off of Excel attachments and into more structured data for ease of data ingestion, dashboard display or BI integration

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 10, 2022

Hi @Jon Chandra 

I would validate this use case deeply.  TG is loading all the rows in the memory of the browser - so it can have an impact on the functionality and UX of the user.

Suggest an answer