Data mismatch in Shared sprints reports

Jorge Maldonado December 10, 2021

Hi,

My company is using shared sprints to run each PI. A sprint is created in a Shared sprint board, and each team will link their stories to that master sprint. When the time comes to start and close sprints, they are done form the master sprint.

I have noticed that there is a mismatch on jira reports, specifically with the "issues added after sprint start date", where the master board will report them with the * symbol, but the same story it's not reported like that on each team board. The real result is the one that it shows under each Team, in other words, the master board is reporting incorrectly.

Does anyone know what could be the root cause of this?

Thank you and kind regards,

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Jorge Maldonado

Can you clarify what you mean by linking stories to the master sprint board? Is the same story used in different boards?

My recommendation is to not have tickets in multiple scrum boards because the reports become inaccurate. * means that they were added after the sprint started.

I suggest you use third party plugins such as bigpicture where you can have a view of all boards and how they depend on each other.  I would also recommend advanced roadmaps, but you need to be on data center or cloud premium.  

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Jorge Maldonado

Thank you @Fabian Lim for mentioning BigPicture.
Indeed, flexible rules of defining Program scope allow adding multiple Jira Boards, combining them into a single view, and visualizing cross-team dependencies. 

With this solution, you see the complete picture in one place, which makes the planning process much more manageable.
Feel free to tag me in case of any questions. 

Suggest an answer