Customizing our first EazyBi Report - where to start

Vince Pierdomenico December 6, 2022

We recently had the EazyBI plugin installed and see the report template WIPTimeTracking is close to what we are looking for.   We would like to expand it one level so that for each Assignee it shows each of the Jira stories still open for that assignee. 

I've been trying to go through the eazybi.com documentation (see link below) but not sure I'm looking at the right place.   Wondering if we first need our company's Jira admin to add a Eazybi custom folder : JIRA_HOME/data/eazybi/custom.

https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/set-up-and-administer/customization/user-interface-customization 

Very grateful for any ideas/suggestions as we peel back the layers of this very interesting Jira onion :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vince Pierdomenico December 7, 2022

Gonna answer my question lol...I was able to get help from a teammate who walked me through how to add and edit rows and columns on a EazyBI report....I was definitely over thinking it.

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Vince Pierdomenico 

In eazyBI, you can change any report (also sample reports) by moving dimensions around Rows, Pages, and Columns; adding other dimensions and measures to the report; you can drill through issues to see the list of issues and drill across other dimensions to dice the value more from any cell with numeric value and other options. There is a short training video on how to build reports in eazyBI: Training video Episode 3: Start building report 

You may try moving Assignee dimension to Rows and expanding All Assignees member: then all assignees will be visible and all metrics will be split by particular users. To see a list of issues, drill through issues from cells. 

Work-in-Progress-and-resolution-overview-Issues-Jira-Demo-eazyBI.png

When you are happy with the result, save it as a new report (only not in the Sample folder).

All those are built-in features and you do not need to make additional customization for that. 

In any case, if you feel stuck, please, do not hesitate to contact us at support@eazybi.com and we will help you get through! 

Best,

Ilze, eazyBI support team

Suggest an answer