Custom select list field values to act like a label when displayed.

I have a custom field created as Label type.  I then add a new field as a Select List (single choice) type to replace the label as I wanted more control over the content.  Now I'm missing some of the functionality of the label, specifically when it is being displayed, I can click on it and it brings up all the issues associate to that label.  I would like that same functionality when displaying the value of the select list.  Is this possible?

1 answer

0 vote
Gaston Valente Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

Jesse, I'm afraid it's not possible with standard jira, you can achieve this with some plugins

Thanks Gaston.  Is there one or two plugins you would suggest?

Gaston Valente Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

You can try with an script custom field of Adaptavist Script Runner, it requires a little of code.

Or you can give a try to a Calculated Text Field using Misc Custom Fields

Cool, I am already using Script Runner for its JQL functions, but haven't had the imagination to apply it to this case.  I'm capable of searching and reading docs if I have some idea to chase.  But of course, examples (Code to steal :-) ) are always best. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

12,548 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you